Friday, March 7, 2008

Rocky Mountain High, with no Criminal Acts against me!

Well I got back to Colorado for the redemption trip. No one broke into my car and stole my wallet so you have to call it a success. of course it snowed, it has snowed every where I have gone this winter.

Got to take a trip down to Colorado Springs. Now that looks like a place to chill out for a month or so. I ran for an hour and a half at Garden of the Gods. it is set right at the foothills of Pikes Peak. (14,110 ft.) Pretty Damn high, I looked it up, it would be like stacking 14 World trade centers on top of each other. And there is a marathon that goes to the top and back.... you need a 3:45 to qualify. I may never make Boston, but this would be one cool race to try to get into! I'll try for that at the OBX Marathon in November.

So i ran around the trails at GOG, the mountain was "socked in" or "socked over", not sure what the guy said, but basically you couldn't see the top cause of cloud cover. Along the way I almost ran into a 12 point deer, I must have snuck up on him cause he was only like 5 feet away. I thought about chasing after him, but decided, just in case a mountain lion was hunting him, i would stay out of the way.

The next day I flew to El Paso, TX. Like a poorman's Phoenix! I love it. UTEP and the Sunbowl look cool. the taco stand was great and there looks like some cool mountain trails if could have just figured out how to get to the entrance in the picture! Maybe next time.

No comments: